- Lowers the risk for type 2 diabetes
- Reduces the risk of developing gallstones
- Reduces the risk of developing Parkinson's Disease
- Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improves endurance and performance
- Helps people stay more alert
- Helps treat asthma and headaches
In another study, researchers found that a typical serving of coffee contains more antioxidants than typical servings of grape juice, blueberries, raspberries and oranges.
"Overall, the research shows that coffee is far more healthful than it is harmful," says Tomas DePaulis, PhD, research scientist at Vanderbilt University's Institute for Coffee Studies, which conducts its own medical research and tracks coffee studies from around the world. "For most people, very little bad comes from drinking it, but a lot of good."
So there you have it folks, go ahead and pour yourself another! Cheers to good health!